Saturday, March 1, 2008

Yesterday was a busy one there was no time to post. I went out and had a steak last night. Didn't overdo it but just didn't feel like calorie counting. Normally I would eat until I was miserable but I only ate until I was satisfied. I had a small salad with low fat dressing, a 6 oz steak, and a small potato (I did use a little real butter).

Today I am working in the yard. I love the first of spring. Cleaning out the flower beds, preparing the garden for planting. I'm not sure what I am going to plant this year. I know I will go with tomatoes, squash, and peppers. But I would like to try something new, maybe fruit (watermelon).

Onto another subject...Menu Planning! I find it necessary to plan my meals. If I don't know what I am going to eat for dinner I tend to go with convenience which ends up being frozen chicken fingers and fries or pizza or fast food. I like to sit down once a week with a pile of recipes and plan. I normally choose 2-3 favorites and 2-3 new ones. I write everything down and then go through the recipes and make my grocery list. It may seem like a lot of time but it actually saves me time in the long run. I don't have to go to the grocery store more than one time that week. Once you get into that habit it is hard to break. Sometimes my plan may change and we go out to eat but I just bump the menus back a day and I am back on track.

I made a good Breakfast Pizza this morning from Cooking Light. The kids didn't like it so much so I probably won't cook it again but it was quite filling. It was made with low fat crescent rolls, egg beaters, turkey sausage, and cheese. I normally wouldn't eat that much for breakfast but I wanted my strength for yard work.

Well off to clean out the flower beds... I will try to post my food journal later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yummy. I want the breakfast pizza... not necessarily the yard work though. SHOW us the recipe!!

Google